Cabbage Stir Fry is simple to make and tremendous tasty as a meal or a aspect dish!
This simple recipe is filled with all the great things! Candy cabbage and carrots, ramen noodles (elective!), and recent garlic and ginger are all sautéed collectively to make a wholesome dish that goes from the stovetop to the desk in minutes!
A Colourful Cabbage Stir Fry
- Wholesome and scrumptious, cabbage is each cheap and engaging!
- This dish takes simply minutes to make and tastes nice making it good for weeknight meals.
- Stir-fries are inexpensive, filling, and wholesome.
- The entire household will love how versatile this dish is, swap up the components for a brand new entrée each time.
- Save time and use a bag or two of pre-packaged slaw that comes with shredded carrots, and sometimes shredded spinach, brussels sprouts, or kale!
What’s in Cabbage Stir Fry
CABBAGE: Common cabbage AKA, ‘cannonball’ stays agency whereas it absorbs the juicy sauce on this recipe. Shredded Napa, purple cabbage, and Savoy will all work on this recipe. Use a combination of cabbages for a colourful dish! FUN FACT: Cauliflower, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, kale, and Bok Choy are additionally members of the cabbage household and can be utilized as properly!
MEAT: Hold the vegetarian vibe going and add tofu, seitan, or some scrambled eggs for a protein increase. Floor beef or pork sausage, shredded rooster, shrimp, and bacon crumbles will certainly make cabbage stir fry a heartier essential dish meal!
NOODLES: Ramen is economical, simple to seek out, and even simpler to arrange! Soba, udon, rice noodles, and egg noodles are different choices. For a keto dish, use ‘zoodles’ (zucchini), palmini (hearts of palm), or shirataki noodles.
VEGETABLES: Other than coloration carrots on this recipe, add a bag of frozen veggies like inexperienced beans with peas and pearl onions, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, child corn, or water chestnuts. The sky’s the restrict!
SAUCE: Home made sauce may be made as candy or spicy as you want! Use this do-it-yourself teriyaki recipe as a cabbage stir fry sauce, a marinade, or a glaze!
Change It Up!
The fundamentals are cabbage, recent seasonings, and a savory sauce with an ‘umami’ taste profile. After that, add in any meats, veggies, or noodles that you just like. It is a nice recipe for utilizing up leftover meats and veggies, too!
Make Cabbage Stir Fry
This simple to make dish is simplicity itself:
- Whisk the sauce components in a small bowl and put aside (per the recipe beneath).
- Prepare dinner ramen noodles as directed on the package deal, reserving 1/3 of the cooking water.
- Prepare dinner sliced cabbage and carrots with garlic and ginger till tender.
- Add sauce and ramen and prepare dinner till bubbly and heated by means of.
Take away from warmth and garnish with sliced inexperienced onions and elective sesame seeds.
PRO TIP: Minimize inexperienced onions diagonally for a restaurant-worthy plate presentation!
Storing Stir Fry
Hold garlic cabbage stir fry in a lined container within the fridge for about 4 days. Serve chilly or reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop. Cooked cabbage freezes fantastically for as much as 4 weeks!
Higher Than Take-out
Did you make this Cabbage Stir Fry? Make sure to depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Garlic Cabbage Stir Fry
Cabbage Stir Fry is a wholesome and flavorful dish that is higher than take-out!
Thinly slice the inexperienced onions separating the white and inexperienced elements. Combine the sauce components in a small bowl and put aside.
In a small pot boil ramen noodles in accordance with package deal instructions. Reserve ⅓ cup of the cooking water. Drain and put aside.
Warmth the vegetable oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic, ginger and the whites of the inexperienced onions. Prepare dinner simply till aromatic.
Add the cabbage and carrots and prepare dinner till barely tender, about 3-5 minutes.
Add the sauce and a pair of tablespoons of the reserved cooking water or extra as wanted. Stir whereas cooking till the cabbage is tender.
Take away from warmth and garnish with the remaining inexperienced onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle with extra hoisin or teriyaki sauce if desired.
- If utilizing bottled teriyaki sauce, guarantee it is one that’s thick (like bbq sauce).
- For a low carb dish, skip the ramen noodles and add extra cabbage.
- Cabbage may be changed with coleslaw combine, it is going to prepare dinner sooner than cabbage.
- Cooked rooster or shrimp may be added.
Energy: 186, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 8g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 978mg, Potassium: 273mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 2710IU, Vitamin C: 30mg, Calcium: 56mg, Iron: 2mg
(Diet info supplied is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Course Dinner, Entree
Delicacies American, Asian