Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen recipe makes rooster that’s juicy on the within and crispy on the surface!
Cilantro lime rooster is in a marinade with zesty lime, a number of garlic and contemporary cilantro. This simple recipe wants little prep and few components but it surely’s loaded with huge taste.
An Simple Grilled Hen Recipe
- With only a few components, this recipe has huge taste.
- No grill? No Downside! This dish will also be made within the oven as nicely making it the right meal all yr.
- Double up the marinade and use it to decorate as salad as nicely.
- It has a number of taste and the leftover rooster is nice in tacos and even added to a tossed salad.
Simple Contemporary Components
Hen – Boneless skinless rooster thighs are juicy and flavorful when grilled. This recipe will also be made with rooster breasts or bone-in rooster thighs or breasts, simply regulate the cooking time accordingly.
Cilantro Lime Hen Marinade – Marinades serve to tenderize in addition to taste the meat, and this marinade is as simple because it will get! It’s a easy mixture of lime juice, lime zest, cilantro leaves, and a touch of seasonings. Toss in some jalapenos or additional purple pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
The way to Make Cilantro Lime Hen
This recipe is loopy simple.
- Combine the marinade in a bowl or freezer bag per the recipe under.
- Add the rooster and marinate no less than 30 minute or as much as 2 hours.
- Broil, bake or grill.
Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Ideas for Success
- Permit rooster to marinate for no less than half-hour.
- Contemporary lime juice is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime may be bitter.
- The easiest way to inform if the rooster is absolutely cooked is to make use of a meat thermometer, it ought to attain 165°F.
- Leftover rooster is nice in a sandwich or sliced over a mattress of lettuce for a tasty next-day-at-work salad!
Extra Grilled Hen Favorites
Did you make this grilled Cilantro Lime Hen? You’ll want to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Cilantro Lime Hen
Marinated and grilled, this Cilantro Lime Hen is juicy and stuffed with taste!
Preheat grill to medium excessive warmth.
Cook dinner rooster on an oiled grate for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and prepare dinner an extra 7-8 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F.
Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
- The marinade will also be pulsed in a blender a few instances in the event you want.
- Permit rooster to marinate no less than half-hour. As a result of excessive quantity of citrus on this recipe, don’t marinate longer than 2 hours.
- Contemporary lime is greatest on this recipe, the flavour of bottled lime may be bitter.
- Elective add-ins: add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and/or 1/4 teaspoon crushed purple pepper to the marinade so as to add a little bit bit of warmth.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Place rooster on a baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F.
3. Relaxation 5 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with lime slices and extra chopped cilantro.
To Broil Hen
1. Place on a grate or rack on a foil lined pan.
2. Broil rooster 4-inches from the aspect for 5-6 minutes per aspect.
To Cook dinner Bone-In Hen Thighs or Breasts
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Add the rooster pores and skin aspect down (reserve the marinade) and prepare dinner 3-4 minutes or till browned. Flip over and prepare dinner 2 minutes extra.
3. Add remaining marinade to the pan. Bake 25-27 minutes or till rooster reaches 165°F. Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp if desired.
Energy: 149 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 22g | Fats: 5g | Saturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 2mg
Vitamin info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.