This Apple Pie Recipe combines the candy and tender flavors of baked apples with a deliciously flaky pie crust.
Why You’ll Love This Apple Pie
- It’s actually as ‘straightforward as pie’.
- It doesn’t want any fancy components, it’s a easy basic.
- The information beneath guarantee perfection each time.
- A flaky crust, tender apples which might be simply the correct quantity of candy.
- Works completely with store-bought or home made pie crust.
- It’s good. At all times.
What Form of Apples for Apple Pie?
With an apple pie recipe, you need apples which might be tart, candy, and agency. You need the apples to be robust sufficient to not break down fully when you bake the apple pie, however gentle sufficient that they’re smooth once they bake. Beneath are our favourite apples to make use of in apple pie!
- Granny Smith – Tart, inexperienced, flavorful, and excellent for apple pie
- Golden Scrumptious – Softer, candy, and yellow in coloration
- Northern Spy – Crimson and inexperienced, honey notes, and on the candy aspect
- Idared – Crimson in coloration, not too harsh in taste, on the tart aspect
How To Make Apple Pie
To make a basic apple pie recipe, start with a double pie crust.
- Prep Apples – To make apple pie filling, thinly slice, core and peel apples. I slice them between 1/4″-1/8″ thick.
- Make Filling – Toss all the apple pie components collectively (per the recipe beneath). On this apple pie filling, the addition of a little bit of flour helps to soak up the liquids that the apples launch once they bake.
- Roll Pie Crust – When you made home made crust, roll it to 1/8” thickness (I roll them backside out to about 12″ circles) and line a 9″ pie plate. Put aside.
- Fill & Bake – Fill the crust with the apple filling and high with a second crust (or a lattice crust) and bake.
How Lengthy to Bake Apple Pie
Begin the apple pie at the next temperature to maintain the crust from getting soggy. Relying in your apples, the pie can generally bubble over so place it on a pan lined with parchment to save lots of my oven any mess.
Bake home made apple pie at 425°F for quarter-hour after which cut back the warmth to 375*F for an extra 35-40 minutes or till the apples are tender and the pie crust is golden.
If the outer crust begins to brown an excessive amount of, cowl the sides with foil or a pie crust protect.
Suggestions for Excellent Pie
- Apple peels are likely to get chewy when cooked it’s all the time finest to peel the apples first.
- Not like strawberry rhubarb pie or blueberry pie, you don’t want to fret about including tapioca different thickening components as apples don’t launch a ton of juices like a berry does.
- Use an entire high crust or a lattice crust. If utilizing a a full crust, remember to lower just a few slits within the crust to permit the steam to flee.
- If the outer crust begins to brown an excessive amount of, cowl the sides with foil or a pie crust protect.
- The highest crust could be changed with a crumble to make a crumb pie.
Does Apple Pie Should be Refrigerated?
Enable the apple pie to chill barely earlier than serving. This additionally ensures you gained’t find yourself with a liquidy pie. Serve it heat with ice cream and luxuriate in!
Leftovers could be saved within the fridge or on the counter for as much as 2 days.
Favourite Apple Recipes
Did you get pleasure from this Apple Pie Recipe? You’ll want to go away a remark and a ranking beneath!
Apple Pie Recipe
A basic apple pie recipe with tender apples in a flaky crust.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a big bowl, mix all filling components and toss nicely. Put aside.
Line a 9″ pie plate with pastry dough. Fill with apple filling.
Roll out high crust, place overtop of the pie. Seal edges and take away any extra dough.
Beat egg white and a pair of teaspoons water. Minimize 4-5 slits within the high crust to permit steam to flee. Brush with egg combination and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 425°F for quarter-hour, cut back warmth to 375°F and bake an extra 35-40 minutes or till the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
Serve heat with vanilla ice cream.
Energy: 318, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 12g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 193mg, Potassium: 147mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 22g, Vitamin A: 95IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 14mg, Iron: 1.4mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.)
Key phrase apple pie, apple pie recipe, straightforward, home made
Course Dessert, Pie