This French onion dip recipe is so significantly better (and higher for you!) than store-bought soup mixes.
Caramelized onions are combined right into a creamy mixture of bitter cream, and mayonnaise, with some savory seasonings. An ideal dip.
What’s French Onion Dip?
This selfmade French onion dip recipe has been gracing picnics and events for over 50 years! It’s low carb, simple to make, and tastes nice. What’s to not love?
- With solely 6 components this crowd-pleasing basic is a favourite.
- It’s easy to make with simply two simple steps.
- Skip the onion soup combine, this recipe is produced from scratch with recent components and no preservatives, addititves or added MSG.
- It’s versatile sufficient to be a burger unfold or a dip for veggies and crackers, but it surely’s additionally nice as a topping for baked potatoes, baste hen breasts earlier than grilling them, or skinny it out with milk for an prompt salad dressing.
Components for Home made French Onion Dip
Onions – Caramelized onions add sweetness and taste. One of the best onions for French onion dip are candy Vidalia onions, or Walla Walla onions. Yellow onions work properly too.
Caramelized onions do must be slightly bit candy and white onions aren’t candy sufficient whereas purple onions are a bit too candy.
Bitter Cream/Mayonnaise – Bitter cream provides tang whereas and mayo makes a creamy base for French onion dip. Greek yogurt could be switched out for half the bitter cream for a tangier taste.
Seasonings –Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder are the one savory seasonings you want. Substitute Worcestershire with low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos.
Cream Cheese Variation – When you’d like a thicker creamy texture, soften 4 oz of cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer till fluffy. Scale back the bitter cream by 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe as written.
Recent herbs could be added. Parsley, recent chives, and thyme are nice choices.
Seasonings – We preserve them easy so enable the flavour of the caramelized onions to shine. Sprinkle in slightly little bit of onion powder or dried onion for extra onion taste! Garnish with chives or paprika.
Methods to Make French Onion Dip
- Saute chopped onions in butter in a skillet till they’re delicate and golden brown.
- Mix the remaining components in a bowl (per recipe beneath) and add cooled onions.
- Season with salt & black pepper to style and chill a minimum of 2 hours earlier than serving.
What to Serve with French Onion Dip
- Veggies: celery sticks, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower florets are an actual hit and look spectacular on a serving platter.
- Bread: mini-toasts, crostini, pretzel rods, breadsticks, crackers, and chips pair completely with this dip.
How Lengthy Does it Final?
Leftover French onion dip will preserve about 7 days within the fridge lined. Stir earlier than serving. Bitter cream doesn’t freeze or thaw properly, so it’s higher simply to make this dip recent each time!
Extra Dip Recipes to Strive
Did your folks love this French Onion Dip? Depart us a ranking and a remark beneath!
French Onion Dip
That is a simple creamy dip loaded with caramelized onions. Serve chilled along with your favourite dippers!
Mix onion and butter in a small pan and prepare dinner over low warmth till the onion is golden. Ensure to not brown the onion, it is a very low and sluggish course of and will take about 20-Half-hour or so. Cool utterly.
Stir remaining components and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours earlier than serving.
Energy: 222 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 9g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.