What higher method to herald berry season than by making this no-bake strawberry mousse!
Spring has sprung and summer season is nearly right here! This uber-easy recipe makes use of contemporary strawberries, gelatin, and whipping cream to make a dessert that may have everybody asking for extra.
What’s Strawberry Mousse?
A mousse is a candy or savory dish that’s whipped till it’s gentle and foamy and served chilly. This recipe is gentle however wealthy as a result of it makes use of heavy whipping cream as the bottom combined with pureed strawberries and a contact of sugar.
The flavour of this recipe is very similar to strawberries and cream, with a light-weight contemporary strawberry taste.
An Simple Summer time Dessert
- Strawberry mousse is all the time a preferred refresher when the temperatures climb as a result of it’s not baked and is served chilled.
- This refreshing dessert is bursting with taste and is so simple to make!
- All these gentle, brilliant, and creamy flavors in a single delish dessert with out turning on the oven? Sure, please!
- Make upfront and share at a celebration or picnic!
- A brilliant-versatile strawberry mousse may be served in so some ways! Unfold excessive of a cake or make a pie by freezing strawberry mousse in a ready-made graham cracker crust. The chances are limitless!
What’s in Strawberry Mousse?
FRUIT: Select strawberries which are entire, unblemished, and odor candy. Different contemporary berries to make use of are raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or a medley of all of them! Frozen strawberries can be utilized as soon as they’re thawed.
GELATIN: Plain gelatin and a little bit sugar lets the flavour of the strawberries actually stand out. Use a sugar substitute like Swerve for a sugar-free dessert. Jello model strawberry-flavored gelatin additionally is available in a sugar-free model and can punch up the flavour of the mousse and provides it a pink hue.
CREAM: Heavy whipping cream is what makes this recipe so wealthy and creamy, use the full-fat selection.
TOPPINGS: Recent berries, white or semi-sweet chocolate curls, crushed Nilla wafer cookies, and a mint leaf will make these desserts pop!
Learn how to Make Strawberry Mousse
This fancy dessert is very easy to make, and appears so fairly in a dessert dish!
- Pulse strawberries with sugar in a meals processor.
- Pressure right into a saucepan and produce to a boil (per recipe beneath). Simmer till barely thickened.
- Combine chilly water with gelatin & let it relaxation for about 1 minute. Stir it into the berry combination & simmer till gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour combination right into a bowl & chill till barely thickened, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Beat combination with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla & heavy cream, proceed to combine till thick & fluffy.
- Spoon into dessert cups & chill 2 hours earlier than serving. Garnish with sliced strawberries, white or semi-sweet chocolate curls, or a mint leaf.
Learn how to Retailer
Hold leftover do-it-yourself strawberry mousse lined within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Freeze parts for as much as 2 months and function a frozen dessert or enable it to thaw within the fridge earlier than serving. Deplete leftover mousse in these elegant mini trifle desserts or as one massive strawberry trifle. Or fold in softened cream cheese and function a strawberry cheesecake!
Finest No-Bake Desserts
Did your loved ones love this Strawberry Mousse? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark beneath!
Home made Strawberry Mousse
A light-weight fluffy dessert with contemporary strawberries and cream taste.
Mix strawberries and sugar in a meals processor and pulse till clean. Pressure with a tremendous mesh strainer right into a small saucepan. Carry to a boil, cut back warmth and simmer for 3-4 minutes or till barely thickened.
Mix chilly water and gelatin, combine nicely and let relaxation 1 minute. Add to the berry combination and stir. Simmer on medium-low warmth for about 2 minutes extra or till gelatin is totally dissolved.
Pour right into a bowl and refrigerate to chill till barely thickened, about 45-60 minutes.
As soon as cooled and thickened, combine the strawberry combination with a hand mixer for two minutes.
Add heavy cream and vanilla. Proceed mixing till thick and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
Spoon the mousse into dessert cups and refrigerate for at the very least 2 hours earlier than serving.
Most grocery shops carry unflavored gelatin close to the opposite Jell-o merchandise.
Different berries may be substituted for strawberries, you will want about 1 ½ cups of fruit puree.
Hold leftover mousse lined within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Freeze parts for as much as 2 months.
Energy: 228, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 3g, Fats: 15g, Saturated Fats: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 14mg, Potassium: 149mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 592IU, Vitamin C: 43mg, Calcium: 39mg, Iron: 1mg
(Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.)