This easy squash recipe makes deliciously smooth, buttery, and candy microwave acorn squash in minutes!
Cook dinner up a squash or two with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the proper straightforward facet dish!
Candy & Savory Squash
- Acorn squash tastes nice within the microwave although cooks in a fraction of the time in comparison with the oven.
- One small acorn squash can equal two servings, a bigger one could make as much as 4 servings!
- Cook dinner them candy with brown sugar and butter or add your individual savory seasonings.
- Make them as is or make them stuffed along with your favourite fillings like floor sausage, brown rice, spinach, or dried cranberries for a festive entrée!
Components and Variations
Acorn Squash: A complete acorn squash ought to be darkish on the skin and really feel heavy in your arms with none smooth spots. Acorn squash can range in dimension from 8oz to about 1 ½ lbs. This recipe makes use of a medium sized squash, about 1lb.
Seasonings: Hold it candy like this recipe or make it savory with a DIY seasoning mix like lemon pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- A fast brush of maple syrup, honey, can be utilized rather than a sprinkle of sugar. Sugar substitutes will work simply positive too.
- Add a touch of sriracha for a brand new taste!
- Melted bacon grease actually punches up the flavour for a savory acorn squash rather than butter.
Tips on how to Cook dinner Acorn Squash within the Microwave
- Minimize squash in half vertically, scoop out the insides with a spoon & discard the seeds (or cook dinner them like roast pumpkin seeds).
- Place squash cut-side-down in a baking dish. Cook dinner till simply fork tender per the recipe under.
- Flip the squash over and brush with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Microwave, a couple of minutes extra.
- Hold leftover microwave acorn squash in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Reheat within the microwave or chop up and add to a stir fry, a casserole, or an omelet. Make a wholesome wrap by including lettuce greens for an energizing workday lunch!
- Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 4 months. Thaw earlier than utilizing.
Candy & Savory Squash
Did you make this Microwave Acorn Squash? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark under!
Microwave Acorn Squash
Acorn squash with brown sugar, cinnamon, & butter, microwaved till completely tender.
Minimize the squash in half vertically. Use a big spoon to scoop out the seeds and discard them.
Place the squash in a baking dish, reduce facet down with 2 tablespoons water.
Microwave the squash for 8-10 minutes or till tender and nearly cooked via when poked with a fork.
Whereas the squash is cooking, combine softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Flip the squash over and brush with the butter combination. Microwave for two minutes extra.
- Acorn squash can range in dimension from 1/2 lb to three lbs, cooking time will range.
- Microwaves can range, and a few squash may have thinner and thicker flesh. Examine smaller squash at 5 minutes, bigger squash may have so long as 10-12 minutes.
- If cooking two smaller squash (4 halves) cooking time will enhance to 9-10 minutes.
- Leftover squash might be saved in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Freeze cooled parts in a zippered bag for as much as 4 months. Add to soups, stews, or casseroles.
Energy: 74 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 0.1g | Ldl cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 483IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my picture use coverage right here.