Stuffed Peppers appear fancy however it’s a straightforward meal and jam filled with taste!
Tender bell peppers filled with a zesty floor beef, sausage, rice, and tomato filling. High this stuffed pepper recipe with cheese and bake till bubbly.
Serve these with a contemporary salad and a few crusty bread (for sopping up any sauce).
An Straightforward Household Favourite
Bell Peppers stuffed with a zesty filling are a recipe that everybody loves! They take slightly little bit of time to make however are straightforward to make.
- We fill them with a saucy rice, beef, and sausage filling. Substitute any floor meat.
- They are often pared forward of time and stuffed peppers reheat and freeze properly.
- Stretch out the stuffed pepper filling with additional chopped veggies. In case your peppers are small and you’ve got leftover filling, fill zucchini and even wrap it cabbage roll model!
- In case you’d like them additional saucy, add additional marinara to the baking pan.
Components for Stuffed Peppers
- Meat – I take advantage of a mix of lean floor beef and Italian sausage however you should utilize one or the opposite (and even floor turkey if you happen to favor). If substituting the sausage, you’ll need to add some additional seasonings to the combo!
- Rice – I take advantage of lengthy grain white rice however I do generally substitute the rice with cooked cauliflower rice. Any rice or grain will work though you might want to regulate the liquid barely.
- Sauce – Use your fave marinara sauce or pasta sauce. Add in some herbs (contemporary if you happen to’ve obtained them) and onions. In case you like slightly warmth, stir in some chili flakes.
- Bell Peppers – I most frequently make these with inexperienced bell peppers however any candy peppers work. In case you favor a sweeter taste, select pink, orange, or yellow peppers.
- Cheese – Cheese is non-obligatory however I like it on stuffed peppers! Use shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese.
make Stuffed Peppers
Making stuffed bell peppers is straightforward, though it does take a little bit of time.
- Brown Meat: Brown meat, onion, and garlic (per recipe beneath).
- Cook dinner Rice: Add tomato sauce, rice, water, and seasonings. Cook dinner till rice is tender.
- Put together Peppers: Whereas the filling is cooking, put together your peppers by simmering or air frying for a couple of minutes to melt.
- Fill & Bake: Fill peppers with pasta sauce, meat, and rice combination. Sprinkle with cheese and bake till bubbly!
I normally lower my peppers throughout the highest however you may also lower them prime to backside to make smaller parts (like in these Taco Stuffed Peppers).
Whilst you don’t should precook the peppers, they are going to be fairly crisp if you happen to don’t pre-cook them. We a lot favor the flavour after they’ve been cooked a bit earlier than filling them.
Stuffed peppers must be cooked at about 350°F for about 45 minutes. Remember to cowl with foil throughout the preliminary 30-35 minutes to make sure they don’t dry out. Uncover and prime with cheese and bake for the remaining 10 minutes or so till brown and bubbly.
These are a full meal on their very own however we like to serve them with crusty bread or do-it-yourself rolls for sopping up any sauce within the bowl.
Completely! We love stuffed peppers as a result of they’re scrumptious however in addition they freeze superbly. For the reason that filling is cooked these could be frozen both earlier than or after baking. To reheat, thaw within the fridge in a single day and cook dinner for 30-40 minutes or till heated by means of.
Make Forward & Leftovers
Preserve leftovers within the fridge in an air tight container for as much as 4 days.
This straightforward stuffed peppers recipe can frozen both earlier than or after baking. To Freeze Stuffed Peppers put together as directed beneath and freeze in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake for 30-40 minutes or till heated by means of.
As soon as baked, leftovers could be frozen individually or collectively in a baking dish. To reheat, merely thaw within the fridge in a single day and bake in a 350°F oven till heated by means of.
Extra Bell Pepper Recipes We Love
Straightforward Stuffed Peppers
Tender bell peppers are filled with a zesty beef & rice filling with tomato sauce, then baked till golden & bubbly!
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lower the tops off the peppers (reserve the tops), take away and discard the seeds and membranes. Chop tops of the peppers so as to add to the filling.
Deliver a big pot of water to a boil and cook dinner peppers for five minutes or cook dinner the peppers in an air fryer at 400°F for five minutes. Take away and drain properly if simmering.
In a big skillet, brown beef, sausage, onion & garlic over medium-high warmth till no pink stays. Drain any fats.
Stir within the diced tomatoes with juice, rice, water, diced pepper tops, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning. Add salt & pepper to style.
Deliver to a simmer, scale back warmth and canopy. Cook dinner 15-20 minutes or till rice is tender. You’ll be able to add extra water if wanted. Stir in ½ cup marinara sauce.
Place 1 ½ cups of marinara sauce within the backside of a 9×13 pan and place peppers cut-side-up in pan. Fill every pepper with the rice combination. Spoon remaining marinara sauce over peppers.
Cowl with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Take away foil, baste peppers with any sauce within the backside. High with cheddar and bake uncovered for an extra 10 minutes or till cheese is melted and peppers are tender.
Further greens, resembling diced zucchini or chopped mushrooms, could be added to the filling.
Stuffed peppers could be saved lined within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat within the oven till heated by means of.
Energy: 385 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 21g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 922mg | Potassium: 933mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4255IU | Vitamin C: 166.8mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 3.7mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.